Credo Reference Digital Award for Information Literacy 2015
This award recognises an individual or group who develop the best new digital educational resource for promoting IL. The winner will receive £500 for personal use and £500 for their nominated charity.
Closing date: Friday 6th March 2015.
Nominations will be assessed according to one or more of the following:
- Raising the profile of information literacy within an organisation
- Developing a digital resource (e.g. system, online course, service, product or app) which develops and enhances information literacy skills
- Elements of interactivity and flexibility
- Evidence of impact on the target audience
- Innovation, initiative, originality and sustainability
Format for nominations
Nominations should take the form of a short description of the relevant digital system / course / programme / service, or product (no more than 3 x A4 pages). The following should also be provided:
- Contact details of the nominator
- Contact details of the nominee(s)
- Supporting documentation, URLs etc.
- Nominations may be from any sector
- Nominations may be for individuals or groups
- Nominations must comply with accessibility standards
- The award is open to people working in the UK only
- The resource must have been launched at some point during the previous calendar year i.e. January-December 2014
- The resource will be openly available for reuse under Creative Commons licence and will be available to download from online sources such as the Information Literacy website http://www.informationliteracy.org.uk/ and Jorum
- Factual webpages or documents e.g. an IL framework, will not be eligible.
- The award will be presented at the LILAC conference dinner in Newcastle on Thursday April 9th 2015 and must be accepted by the award winning individual or a representative of the winning group. The award will be forfeit if not collected by the award winner or, if a group, a representative of the group.
The nominees will be listed on the LILAC website and CILIP Update. Enquiries and nominations to:
Nigel Morgan (LILAC Awards Officer)
Click here to see past winners of this award.