Credo Reference Digital Award for Information Literacy 2014
This award recognises an individual or group who develop the best new digital educational resource for promoting IL. The winner will receive £500 for personal use and £500 for their nominated charity.
Closing date: Thursday 6th March 2014.
Nominations will be assessed according to one or more of the following:
- Raising the profile of information literacy within an organisation
- Developing a digital resource (e.g. system, online course, service, product or app) which develops and enhances information literacy skills
- Elements of interactivity and flexibility
- Evidence of impact
- Innovation, initiative, originality and sustainability.
Format for nominations
Nominations should take the form of a short description of the relevent digital system/course/programme/service, or product (no more than 3 x A4 pages). The following should also be provided:
- Contact details of the nominator
- Contact details of the nominee(s)
- Supporting documentation, URLs, etc.
- Nominations may be from any sector
- Nominations may be for individuals or groups
- Nominations must comply with accessibility standards
- The award is open to people working in the UK only
- The resource must have been launched during the previous calendar year i.e. 2013
- The resource will be openly available for reuse under Creative Commons licence and will be available to download from online sources such as the Information Literacy website; http://www.informationliteracy.org.uk and Jorum
- Factual webpages or documents e.g. an IL framework, will not be eligible.
- The award will be presented at the LILAC conference dinner on Thursday April 24th 2014 and must be accepted by the winning individual or a representative of the winning group. The award will be forfeit if not collected by the winner or, if a group, a representative of the group.
The nominees will be listed on the LILAC website. Enquiries and nominations to:
Nigel Morgan (LILAC Awards Officer); LilacAwards@cardiff.ac.uk
Click here to see past winners of this award.